- 3 - 6 months prior to concert: decide theme / title
of even, secure event site, establish contact person at site,
verify times as per rehearsal(s) and performance times, loading
sites, AC sites, and use of space for hospitality purposes.
- 3 months (or before) prior to concert: call for scores
should be completed so as to allow proper time for intelligent
programming and promotional material to be sent to magazines
such as Baltimore, Style, which require large lead-in
time. Prepare short blurbs that include title of org, title of
event, location, and contact phone #. If mags are interested
they will follow up with phone call. Try and establish one
contact person. Fax's work really well.
- 2 months prior to concert: verify #1, make certain
composers have performers contracted for event, (when applicable)
arrange for hospitality. Make certain performers have scores
and have arranged rehearsal times.
- 4 weeks prior to concert: send out promo material
to weekly / daily papers. Include same material sent to mags.
- 3 weeks prior to concert: send out invitations on
list, includes press personnel.
- 1-2 weeks prior to concert: post flyers to receptive
merchants. Fresh Fields has bulletin board at exit. Also post
info to any list-serves such as ArtMobile. Verify particulars
re: program notes, bios, and programming of works and arrange
for printing of programs.
- Rehearsal date: attend, if possible, dress rehearsal,
make certain hospitality is arranged, and contact person will
be in place on day of concert.
- Day of concert: arrive at least one hour prior to
even to make certain all is well. If admission is to be charged,
arrange for someone to oversee collection.
||Catherine Leidemer, event listings
||address: 1000 Lancaster Street, Suite 400, Baltimore,
||Lee Gardner, music editor
||(ph) 410.523.2300 x241
||address: 812 Park Avenue, Baltimore, 21201
||Tim Smith, music editor
||address: 501 N. Calvert Street, 21278-0001
||Reed Hessler, producer
||address: 2901 Liberty Heights Avenue, Baltimore